The Maybach Pit is a former hard coal mine in the district of Maybach in Friedrichsthal, Saarland.
In the years 1873 and 1874, a new Trenkelbach pit was built in western Friedrichsthal. In 1882 the pit was named after the then Prussian Minister for Public Works, Albert von Maybach. At the beginning of the 1960s, around 4,300 miners were still working and extracting 3,000 tons of hard coal. In 1964 the pit was shut down.
This clock from the Maybach pit was given to the Saarland clock museum. As the master clock, it mechanically controlled all other clocks in the factory. This offered the miners the opportunity to check the time on their "pocket watches" when leaving the "Waschkaute". In some cases, they still had to cover very long distances underground to get to their place of work, and they had to return on time in order to get to the driveway in time.