The clock was used from 1902 to 2002 in the elementary school Oberweiler im Tal in the Kusel district as a school clock and then replaced by an electric clock. It was expanded in 2010 and loaned to the Saarland Clock Museum. The clock, which is mainly made of iron, has a Graham escapement and strikes the half and full hours on a bell. The well-preserved clock cabinet made of thick pine boards was of particular interest to the museum, as these cabinets have seldom been preserved. Clock cabinets were introduced when the tower clocks needed to be more accurate and therefore had to be protected against dust, pigeon droppings, moisture and wind. The construction of an oak clock cabinet for the Schriesheim town hall clock was documented as early as 1654.
Production: K. F. Porth, tower clock factory in Speyer, around 1900