Church tower clock
The church clock comes from a church in Neustadt an der Weinstrasse and was completely dismantled and renovated. A green cast iron sign reads in raised letters: "St. Michael, champion of the Lord and protector of the Reich, pull us ahead! The youth youth Neustadt / Haardt 1948". The clock is designed for easier ringing, has a second pendulum (one full oscillation per second) with spring, Graham escapement, adjustable pallets, frame construction, frame made of cast iron, gear wheels made of cast steel, escape wheel made of brass, steel pull cables, two square weights, one cylindrical Weight, striking mechanisms for quarter, half and full hours as well as a control dial.
Production: Company Hoerth, Ulm 1948
With this watch, only the parts that are important for time measurement are always in motion: The small weight (1) behind the pendulum suspension as a drive, the Graham escapement (2) and the pendulum (3). Only after one minute do the large weights start the pointer mechanism and, if necessary, the quarter and hour striking mechanism.
This ensures that almost all frictional influences, the wind pulling the large hands, etc. have no influence on the accuracy of the watch.